Monday, October 31, 2011

Letter to Santa

This past weekend my family and I were in New York for my grandmother's funeral.  We also sorted through her belongings and decided what was going where.  Since we live so far away we wanted to make sure that nothing important got thrown away or left behind.  While going through some old pictures and things we came across an old letter that I had written to Santa Claus. Apparently my parents sent them to my grandparents instead of the North Pole. No wonder I never got my easy bake oven...

I wrote it when I was three and yes I do mean actually wrote it.  I had no idea I could write at that age but apparently I could.  And everything was spelled correctly too.  Clearly, I blossomed too early...

Here it is, word for word:

Dear Santa,

I've been a good girl this year. This is what I want for Christmas:

Beauty and Beast Movie
Rescuers Down Under
A Shark
A Doll
Washer and Dryer
Ironing Board
Barbie
A Sleeping Bag
A Candle
A Santa Claus Sweatshirt
ABC Book
A Map
Santa Hat

Thank you

Love
Erin

It is quite possibly the strangest combination of requests I have ever seen from a three year old. My favorites include a shark, a map and an ironing board.  
 
Clearly, I was going adventuring.

1 comment:

  1. you are the most amazing, most wonderful person ever. If I hadn't already gotten your christmas present for this year (shooooot) I'd get you something off this list.

    can't wait to see you
    sarah

    ReplyDelete